I'm running the Oxford Half Marathon for the International Tree Foundation. Having entered the Brighton Marathon and pulling out due to illness in training I thought I'd go for a 13 mile distance.
International Tree Foundation goals are highly influential in the global conservation of tree and biodiversity (I've added their goals below). I aim to raise £1000 to support the ITF
I hope you are able to support me with this.
Thank you, Kevin
- conservation of trees, forests, associated biodiversity and indigenous knowledge about the wise and sustainable use of trees, plants, soils, water and other natural resources;
- advocacy and promotion of public awareness of both local and global environmental and socio-economic issues created by deforestation and unsustainable agriculture and the potential of trees to rehabilitate degraded land, generate livelihood benefits and combat climate change;
- building of the capacity of local communities to increase their resilience to environmental degradation and climate shocks through supporting the establishment of community-led natural resource management strategies;
- improvement of livelihoods in rural communities through the sustainable use of forests and forest products, especially through the cultivation and use of traditional foods and medicines to improve food security, nutrition, and health;
- adoption of agro-ecology and agroforestry practices to develop sustainable agricultural systems that generate income, create jobs and business opportunities;